Current job vacancies
Providing and developing consultation, instructional and educational services for the academic, professional and the general public, especially for students and professors from STEM fields and secondary schools. Providing and enhancing user support (in-person and online) and developing professional connections with users and the academic community.
The ideal candidate should have a university degree in either a STEM field or social sciences/humanities with an interdisciplinary focus and interest in technology. Proven academic outputs and experience (e.g., high-quality theses, publications, lecturing and/or tutoring experience, academic awards, international internships). Students completing a Master or Doctor degree are highly encouraged to apply.
• Good knowledge of the current academic environment in general and/or in your relevant field.
• Interest in the issue of information support for learning, teaching, research, academic writing, and publishing.
• Experience in searching, using and citing specialized information resources and databases.
• Willingness to continually learn through self-study, peer-to-peer learning, taking part in library-sponsored educational sessions, professional domestic and international internships==as well as to share knowledge with peers and patrons.
• Understanding of networked digital technologies and the information habits and needs of specific user groups, especially university and secondary school students and instructors.
• Enthusiasm; a customer-oriented approach; advanced communication, analytical and presentation skills; comprehensible written and oral presentation skills; excellent knowledge of the Czech language and an active knowledge of English or vice versa==excellent knowledge of English and an active knowledge of Czech.
• Reliability, responsibility, creativity, initiative, ability to produce high-quality outputs in a timely manner, independently and in team settings.
• As a member of an interdisciplinary international team for advanced user support, the specialist provides patrons with specialized consultation, instruction and educational support regarding the effective use of academic information resources; searching and evaluating information for studying, teaching, writing research papers and theses, including correct citation methods.
• Has primary responsibility for identifying and optimally meeting user needs (measuring and evaluating statistical data; implementing and evaluating user behavior surveys).
• Participates in the provision of basic user support for the library in two-shift operation (8-16, 12-20) - providing basic information, registering and assisting patrons.
• The specialist actively participates in the design, development, and promotion of services, resources and key library values.
• The specialist actively participates in building and reviewing the library collections for assigned fields, creating and managing guides to the collections and research tools.
• Creates and teaches educational programs for users and colleagues.
• Participates in developing strategies and methodologies for the development of library services, leading internal teams, task-force groups and projects.
• Actively seeks, links and strengthens professional relationships and collaboration with colleagues within the library and with patrons, especially the academic and professional community.
• Interesting, diverse and meaningful work in a friendly and competent international team which supports creativity and professional growth.
• Continuous education through peer-to-peer learning, professional domestic and international internships, internal and external courses and programs.
• The possibility of combining work with university studies.
• Pleasant work environment in a state-of-the-art academic library in the Czech Republic which is striving for excellence at the international level.
• Ability to participate in creating and upgrading services and realizing your own ideas.
• Meal tickets.
• 5 weeks paid vacation.
• Salary based on educational level achieved and years of experience according to national pay tables for state employees.
• Laptop and smartphone.
Immediately or at an agreed upon date.
Please send an academic curriculum vitae together with a letter of motivation and two references (including the name, occupation, employment, contact address and email of each reference) to: email@example.com (subject: INFORMATION SUPPORT SPECIALIST).
Selected applicants will be invited to a selection interview that will take the form of a 15-minute presentation and a subsequent oral interview during which the professional and personal assumptions, motivations, work experience, and language level of the applicant will be examined.
NTK offers professional interships to students from secondary schools, colleges, and universities focused on information services and librarianship.