Periodicals Reading Room
The Periodicals Reading Room is located on the 3rd floor, to the right of the elevators in the 3D sector.
You don't need to be a registered customer to use it. The only thing we kindly ask for is to respect maximum room capacity. Do not modify room furnishings in any way (i.e., remove chairs, bring in more chairs, etc.).
Print journals and publications are for use in the reading room only. You will usually find the two latest calendar year print issues of each journal. Older issues are bound and available for check out in the open stacks or underground storage - you can find their location in our catalog.
You can find here:
- A quiet place to study
- Access to electronic databases: CSN (Czech standards and norms), Anopress, Kramerius
- A wide range of professional periodicals in English and other languages
- The only computer with a CD and DVD drive in the building
- Resources on CD-ROM and DVD (separate attachments to periodicals)
- Large format photographic books
- Headphones for rent
- Publications from the NTK store that are only available here
If you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask the librarian at the desk.