The library's historical mathematics holdings date back to the sixteenth century, with expanded holdings after 1950 primarily in English, Czech, and German. We now actively collect materials in all mathematics-related disciplines, with a large number of print and online books and journals supplemented by other online resources.
Mathematics books typically have the call (location) numbers QA1-999.
To browse them, go to the sixth floor, shelves 6C 138-6D 182. Some computer sciences titles are also found there, if they are related to mathematical subjects.
Historical Books in the NTK Collection
- arXiv.org - Electronic archive of scientific preprint and postprint full-texts, scientific research, technical reports, and theses. More than 600,000 records in physics, mathematics, computer science, nonlinear sciences, quantitative biology, and statistics.
- Mathematical Sciences Publishers journals - Nonprofit publisher run by and for mathematicians. Includes the following titles: Algebra & Number Theory, Algebraic & Geometric Topology, Analysis & PDE, Communications in Applied Mathematics and Computational Science, Geometry & Topology, Involve, a Journal of Mathematics, Journal of Mechanics of Materials and Structures.
- Other recommended databases
A-Z list of Mathematics eJournals
Open access journals in DOAJ
Current volumes of print journals in mathematics are located in the Periodicals Reading Room on the third floor, shelves 3D043-051, where you can find also IT journals.
List of current journal subscriptions
Featured: Mathematics@MIT OpenCourseware: Syllabi and multimedia course materials for undergraduates.
- Biographies of Women Mathematicians - Biographical essays and commentaries about women mathematicians. Created by mathematics students from Agnes Scott College in Atlanta.
- Calculus.org: Sample problems with step-by-step solutions and various other calculus-related resources curated by the Mathematics Departments at the University of Davis (California) and Williams College (Massachusetts).
- matematika.cuni.cz - Portal for college math (in Czech only).
- Math Forum - Leading center for mathematics and mathematics teaching methods from Drexel University in California. The purpose of the forum is to highlight available resources, materials, activities, contacts, and educational products and services which enrich and support teaching and learning of mathematics at all levels (kindergarten to university level). Used by teachers, pupils, parents, students, scientists, researchers, and others interested in mathematics.
- Math on the Web - Extensive portal for reference materials, database services, mathematical software, magazines, books, bibliographies, preprints, libraries, manuals, and other organizations.
- Mathematics Genealogy Project - Information about all mathematicians in the world.
- MathGuide - Subject-oriented gateway to relevant information in the mathematical sciences; includes a catalog of high-quality Internet resources useful for university students.
- Math2.org - Tables, formulas, theorems, and proofs from all levels of mathematics.
- Wolfram MathWorld - Interactive mathematical encyclopedia for students, teachers, math enthusiasts, and researchers. Divided into eleven categories: algebra, applied mathematics, calculations and analysis, discrete mathematics, basic mathematics, geometry, history and terminology, digital theory, probability and statistics, mathematics fun, and topology. Includes interactive LiveGraphics3D Java applets provides representations of three-dimensional objects.
Previous authors: Anna Keclíková, Stephanie Krueger.